Your privacy is important to us. It is Instituto Cerrados' policy to respect your privacy in relation to any information we collect on our website.
About data collection
Access to our site is free, but eventually the user will need to provide personal data to access some of our records/services. We only ask for personal information when we really need it to provide you with a unique service or content. We do this by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent.
The purposes of the data collected
The personal data collected is hosted on Leadlovers, the marketing automation and management tool we use, and will be processed for the following purposes:
– Analyze the performance of the Portal, measure its audience, check users' browsing habits;
– Allow the provision of services that are more personalized and suited to the needs of users, such as profile pages, updates, relevant content and advertisements and audience segmentation;
– Allow communication between users and Cerrados Institute, including sending and receiving emails;
– Insertion of the email in a mailing for the dissemination of activities carried out by Cerrados Institute or related to its social purposes.
IC will not, under any circumstances, share user data with third parties, except to comply with a court order. We will process the data in accordance with the purposes set out above, and in cases permitted by applicable law.
The information collected is only retained for as long as necessary to provide the requested service. When we store data, we protect it, within commercially acceptable means, to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
You are free to refuse our request for personal information, understanding that we may not be able to provide some of the services you require. Our website may have links to external websites that are not operated by us. In that case, we have no control over the content and practices of those sites.
Your continued use of our website will be deemed acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, please contact us.
You can prevent cookies from being set by adjusting your browser settings (see your browser's Help for how to do this). Please be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this website, it will generally result in the disabling of certain functionality and features of this website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies we use
Cookies related to email newsletters:
This website may offer newsletter subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications that are valid only for non-users.
When data is submitted via a form, such as those found on our page, cookies can be set to remember user details for future correspondence.
Site Preference Cookies:
To provide you with a better experience on this website, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this website runs when you use it. To remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies:
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this website so that we can continue to produce compelling content. These cookies can track things like the time you spend on the website or the pages you visit, which helps us understand how we can improve the website for you.
From time to time, we test new features and make subtle changes to the way the site presents itself. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure you receive a consistent experience while on the site, while we understand what improvements our users appreciate most.
If there's something you're not sure whether or not you need, it's generally safer to leave cookies enabled in case it interacts with one of the features you use on our site.
Rights of data subjects
According to the General Law for the Protection of Personal Data, Law nº 13.709/2018, the rights of the holder of personal data to which Instituto Cerrado has access are:
– Confirmation that there is one or more data processing being carried out;
– Access to stored personal data concerning you;
– Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data concerning you;
– Deletion of personal data concerning you and which are unnecessary, excessive or if their treatment is unlawful;
– Deletion of data (except when the treatment is legal, even without the consent of the data subject);
– Information about sharing your data with public entities, if any;
– Information on non-consent, that is, on the option not to authorize the treatment and the consequences of denial;
– Revocation of consent, under the terms of the law;
– Opposition, if you disagree with a treatment carried out without your consent and consider it irregular.
Updating and Changing this Policy
Instituto Cerrados reserves the right to improve the functionality of this website. The information, instruments and means used to interact with the users of the site are subject to change without prior notice or consent of its users.
The Cerrados Institute will be able to: